Tuesday, January 17, 2012

.:Last Day in India for a little while:.

"For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it"  Matthew 16:25

1/7 - Last Day!
Well it's our last day here! My mind is so full of so many emotions - sad mostly.  I always get this feeling towards the end - excited for the smells and comforts of home but sad to leave such a needy country and such opportunity to serve.  When I am here I'm constantly humbled and amazed by the need but also by the believers who are meeting the needs and being the hands and feet of Jesus.  

Sudi, for example, is a single woman my age who has adopted a child and is praying for the funds to finish the children's home she has started to build.  She also has started a church for beggars and "untouchables" who beg at the temple doors. Her mother, brother, and sister are all church planters as well.

Sheelini - my new favorite friend is one year older than me.  She traveled with us all week to villages and served by translated and answering ALL of us girls' many questions about the culture.  Our team fell in love with her true beauty in Christ, her servanthearted attitude, and her friendly humor.  She was denied a student visa to get her Master's in Public Health Administration here in the US but believes that it is God's will for her to stay in India.  She was working as a physical therapist in a hospital in India but has recently followed the Lord's calling of her into ministry.  She will be working on a special project with India Christian Ministry that I will be blogging about soon!

Then there's Hannah - sweet mother of Evan and wife to Su Kimar.  Hannah is a quiet and gentle spirit but is a BOLD follower of Christ!  She has quit her job to follow the call into ministry and is now working for India Christian Ministry as the village development coordinator.  She'll be communicating with Global Hope India and helping us connect with the neediest villages in India.

And finally, Sarah - another gentle spirit who follows the call of the Lord in utter abandon.  God gave her the call to plant children's homes for healthy and unhealthy children.  She is a mom to 5 biological children and knows many of her 200+ children's names who live in her children's home!  I was challenged by her heart when we met - she definitely has a vision for caring for the least of these.  Check out her blog and stories on her blog 

Talk about being blown away and challenged?! Meeting these women inspired me to get off my butt and MOVE!  God has been enlarging my vision and heart for this nation in ways I never expected Him to.  My heart longs to help provide mothers and fathers for these children I've met.  There are SO many here who need love and to know that they were born ON PURPOSE for huge reasons!  I've sensed the Lord calling me to give up even more, to do more for these children who could so easily be my own flesh and blood.  My heart breaks and my stomach is queasy when I think of the baby girls who are just thrown into the bushes, literally, because they are unwanted.  I know that this saddens the Lord much more than it does me, and I'm excited about how God will help me to be a voice for these forgotten children!

No comments:

Post a Comment