Tuesday, January 17, 2012

.:Taking Care of Babies:.

 

This post starts the beginning of some of my journal from the trip we just took to India.  I felt led to share with you all what the Lord showed me and how He is changing my heart through my involvement in India missions.  Don't ever pray the prayer "break my heart for what breaks Yours" to our God unless you mean it.  He WILL do it. 

All I can say is WOW! If you haven't read this book YOU SHOULD! I finished Katie's book above on the long plane ride to India this time around.   Katie Davis is such an inspiration to me - her book and story wrecked my world and had me praying for the Lord to "enlarge my vision" when it comes to HIS plan, not mine, for my life.  I highly encourage you to order it off of Amazon and/or read her blog here

Her book really fueled the fire in my heart for adoption.  After reading, I was left with so many questions to ask the Lord about my life.  What is next for me/us?  How do you want me to be involved in the adoption crisis in the world?  What would Jesus do if He was in my situation?

" I get to provide a home for children who feel threatened, lost, and unwanted.  Most of all, I get to love children who don't know love otherwise.  I get to accept them for who they are.  I get to present them with my love and then teach them of the Father's extravagant love"   - Katie

THIS is why my heart longs to adopt.  The beauty of adoption is providing a means for allowing a child to understand the undeserved favor of the Lord!  It is a direct example and representation of what God did for us - adopted us as sons and daughters into His family for no other reason than that he loves us!

No comments:

Post a Comment